Monday 22 December 2014

sporty chic

 c'est la vie print top topshop - petite (link) | purple biker jacket new look - teens | black smart trousers dorothy perkins - petite (link) | watch: silver mini casio  (link) | grey trainers new balance (link)

When I bought these trainers around six months ago, I knew in my mind the one outfit I wanted to aim for. Smart casual with a sporty edge. I'm thinking of Alexander Wang's seasonal sporty installments that I when I look at, I'm almost in awe. And then I gaze over Wang's collection on Net-a-Porter and feel a few shed tears roll down my cheek upon checking the prices.

So I made a point of recreating the sporty vibe my own, considerably cheaper way and over the months have gathered a couple more bits to finish off the look. I documented my love for my New Balance trainers not that long ago, so I won't bore you with the details about them. But what I will say is that if you're considering getting a pair, don't hesitate any longer and get 'em! They're hands down one of my best purchases of 2014. The trousers were the ending point of a big ol' struggle to find trousers to fit my 5"2 frame ready for a university interview. I'll admit, they're still a tad large, but as they're elasticated at the back I know a quick alteration will fix them for good. I grabbed the C'est La Vie print top from Topshop when in Reading a few weeks ago (note: Topshop Reading Oracle Centre is the best Toppers branch I have ever set foot in by a long shot. It's got so much more open space than any London branch so do pop in there if you get the chance!) I've worn the purple biker so many times on here as it's been one of my essentials since receiving it on my sixteenth birthday over a year and a half ago. I'm on the lookout for a similar one in another colour - I'm thinking of branching out to the daring extremes of navy or petrol blue. Anyhow, I'll keep you updated on my soon-to-be pilgrimage for a coloured biker jacket, because you know what they say...sometimes, you gotta sacrifice for fashion.

Thalia
xxx
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I am so in love with the combination: peg trousers and trainers. I just keep coming back to this post, you look amazing !!

    jonimurrayxx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts! If you have a blog, leave the link too so I can check it out.

- Thalia

© Tales of Thalia | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig