Saturday 8 March 2014

my London Fashion Week experience

I've mentioned in a couple of Sunday review posts that last month I went to LFW, and it was an incredible experience. Now the first attempt (Saturday) didn't go too well, however on Monday things looked up and I had a wonderful time at Zeynep Tosun's show at Freemason's Hall, just a short walk from Holborn tube station.
I went on behalf of The Glass Pineapple, taking photos and writing a short write-up of the show. The write-up wasn't used in the end so here it is on FGXO. 

Zeynep Tosun toyed with the contrast of chunky knits and coats with oversized cotton/linen boyfriend fit shirts underneath. The prominent colours within the AW14 collection were beige, sienna, chocolate and grey with some ice blue on the other end of the spectrum. Texture was a key focus, with leather finding its way into each outfit, whether it be in the chunky chocolate heels or an edgy jacket. The music the models walked along to was upbeat and exciting, and featured a remix of London Grammar's 'Hey Now'. To top it all of, each outfit was capped by a chunky knit beanie, fit with a bobble on top to add some playfulness into the collection. 
On our walk towards Covent Garden my Mum and I passed SugarSin, a modern sweet shop with pick a mix filling the walls. It's an Instagrammer's dream and one for all sweet lovers to visit.
Next we haded to Bella Italia, one of my favourite restaurants. I never hide the fact that when it comes to food, I think the Italians do it best (I wrote a lot about Italian food in my Rome post from last year) and we both settled with their famous Spaghetti Bolognese. You can't miss it, really.
Renli Su // www.renlisu.com

Later on in the day I met up with my blogger bestie Sophie, who conveniently was in London all week due to her work PR placement. (If you're interested in finding out more about that, she wrote a post on it here). We popped into the Renli Su exhibition, which I found very interesting - the contrasting traditional Chinese-inspired clothing meeting the sporty trainers was an ambitious move and I think it paid off. For more photos of Su's collection you can just click here!
Sarah Ryan // www.sarahryan.co.uk 
George Styler // www.georgestyler.com 

So that's all from me today - I had a brilliant time at LFW and I'm so glad I fulfilled one of my 2014 goals by February. I'm not sure whether I will do next season as it runs during school time and by then I will be in my last year of school ever (!) and le focus will have to be on my education. However, by no means am I dismissing the idea - it does run on the Saturday, so you'll never know...

- to see my outfit post (featuring mummy galaxies xo) from the day just click here -

Thalia
xxx
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. That looks great. Glad you had such a lovely experience!!!
    That sweet shop looks like one I saw in Leicester square... even though I wasn't eating sweets at the time, it made me very happy just to go inside :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had such a lovely time! Going to LFW is on my bucket list so I may have to try and attend next season. The sweet shop looks delish - will definitely have a look for it when i'm in the City next!xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the big bobble beanie in the Zeynep Tosun :)
    xox
    Susy

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts! If you have a blog, leave the link too so I can check it out.

- Thalia

© Tales of Thalia | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig