Wednesday 1 January 2014

fashion galaxies xo turns 2 & happy new year!

source - weheartit (here)

First and foremost - happy new year everybody! Although I see 2014 as being predominantly a 'filler' year in my life (with the exception of this upcoming summer - I sure will cherish every single moment of that), I am looking forward to seeing how the next 364 and a half days will pan out. NYD also means that this lil' slice of Internet that I can proudly called 'mine' turns two, and that makes me very very happy. From my start this time in 2012 to my belated 1st birthday celebrations in 2013, this blog has grown and provided me with hours of entertainment and a creative outlet that I was in need of (and quite frankly, still need). It has enabled me to have some awesome experiences, meet some lovely people and attend events that two years ago I didn't know existed. It has injected me with a little bit of confidence to speak to new people and go to places that I usually wouldn't branch out towards, and spend some of my time writing about things I truly love. Spontaneously making my (fourth/fifth?) blog on January 1st 2012 has turned out to be one of the best decisions I've ever made and I'm so glad I stuck to it, unlike my previous attempts. So yeah...without becoming too soppy for you to handle, I'll quickly conclude this paragraph by saying a big fat thank you to everyone who reads this, whether it be regularly, monthly or biannually.

this smile is for you lovely lot. in the meantime we will ignore the fact this was taken via webcam (the horror)

In true new years style I have a few resolutions that I plan to try and stick to in the next 12 months - 
  • Read more. I bought five John Green books with some WHSmith award vouchers I got from school and I engulfed The Fault in Our Stars in less than a day. I have a feeling I'll love the other four picks, so I hope this inspires me to get my bookworm vibe on in 2014.
  • Blog more consistently. Last year the number of blog posts I published in a month ranged from 20 (great, albeit ambitious) to 3 (shocking). I'm going to aim for 10 posts a month and see where I go from there.
  • I'm not sure how I'm going to go about this but my Mum recommended I give this a go - be less critical of myself.
  • Improve my photography skills. I've owned my Dad's old DSLR for four years now (the Canon EOS 350D) and admittedly, I don't know what half of the buttons mean or do. I know enough to get by, but face a few struggles and setbacks. I'm determined for this to change this year so I can improve the quality of photos I publish on here (and could possibly justify saving up for a camera upgrade?! A girl can dream...)

Looking back on my new years post from last year, I'm pleased that I hit three of my 2013 aims and got 75% of the other one. 


So there you go! If you have a bit of spare time, feel free to flick through the archives or give my top four picks a read. 

Here's to a fab 2014,

Thalia
xxx
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. nice resolutions and happy new year :)

    http://positivelygrand.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts! If you have a blog, leave the link too so I can check it out.

- Thalia

© Tales of Thalia | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig